Monday, October 31, 2011

Resenting Halloween

I never thought I would dislike Halloween. Not that I do really either, just that I'm so very glad it's over! Next year I plan on cancelling the party, especially if I'm working on a book which is highly possible, knowing me. So long story short this year Halloween pulled me away from my book and I resented it. Usually I watch a million scary movies and love the holiday LOVE it. But this year, I was more concerned with it being over so I could go back to normal life.

I must love my book. I haven't written anything in a week and I miss it. I miss my world, I miss my characters, and I hate my Halloween decorations. If I'd said that last year, my honey would have taken me to the emergency room for fear I'd gone mad or was suffereing from a brain tumor. I love Halloween...........usually. This year not so much. So I'll probably leave up some decorations because I'm too lazy to take them all down, and part of me just doesn't care anymore. Tomorrow the sales on Halloween gear start, and I can't even make myself care. Last year I made my mom buy me the Butler that stands in my entry way as a early christmas present, this year, I don't care. I don't want anything. I wish I felt the spirit but I'd just rather write.

So tonight I'll take the kids trick-or-treating and tomorrow, I'll open The Wild Hunt file and rejoice. God I hope thanksgiving and Christmas don't interfer with my writing, I think I'll down scale everything because of how Halloween made me feel. I don't want to end up resenting Christmas. Hating Halloween is one thing, but hating Christmas is just wrong.

So Happy Halloween everyone!! I hope you enjoy it more than I did.







Here's a new artist (new to me) that I love!!

1 comment:

  1. Well....

    Maybe it's not so much that you "hate" it, but rather your attention, priorities, and mind were aimed in another direction: The Wild Hunt. Which in all actuality, that is not a bad thing. You’ve said it before: your book is your baby. You feel bad because you feel you’ve neglected your baby. (I hope that statement doesn’t make things worse.)

    But really, you just probably feel the pressure of the deadline— err, the “goal” you set for yourself on this book. That’s understandable. You’ve given yourself limits, and you’re trying to abide by them. That’s good. It’s evident that your priorities were geared toward the book and not the holiday. No need to beat yourself up about it (not that you are, just saying).

    Just relax and enjoy the rest of the Halloween atmosphere as much as possible. Then re-enter the world, get reacquainted with the characters, and put them back in action. If anything look at this as a little break. Jump back into it with a renewed sense of determination....

    It’s time to write! :-)

    (Speaking of writing, I need to do the same! Lol!)

    ReplyDelete