Saturday, October 1, 2011

Side Project

Inspiration often strikes at the craziest moments, and often when you have no time. I already have at least three projects in the air, finishing The Wild Hunt, researching The Otherside, Lilith, and The Seven Deadly, all books that will eventually be out. The Otherside following The Wild Hunt, then Lilith, and The Seven not for a while, but because it is a series of seven books will take years to research.

Anyway my point is, with that many projects, I don't need more. But then, that moment falls, that bright little burst of inspiration, and now I have another project. Prequels, and not just one, two. TWO, like I have time for all of this....UGH. I guess I shouldn't complain that the muse is speaking, giving me more ideas than I have time to write, so my question is, when you do a prequel, what should you start with first.

My first idea for a prequel, is about the first kiss. The kiss that started it all, the one that drove Caleb to insanity, and changed Lo's life forever.

The second idea for a prequel is more like a 0.75. It's all about Duncan, and being a female, its the one I'm most excited to write. Duncan is swoon worthy, and writing his story after the kiss, the five years he roamed the country is definitely a fun idea.

So I guess I should probably follow sequence but part of me is ready to throw out the kiss prequel and just jump into the fun Duncan one. As a reader which do you prefer? I personally am having a hard time deciding. Knowing how girls went nuts for the Midnight Sun debacle, I'm more inclined to start Duncan's story, but I feel that the first kiss needs to be told. I didn't put it in The Wild Hunt because no matter how interesting, I already had TOO much back story, so as a prequel, or novella, it could be short and sweet, give a little peak into Lo's teenage years, and the describe Lo and Duncan's first meeting and shocking kiss.

Too much to write and so little time. I'm hoping that The Wild Hunt will be done by the end of the year, but if I keep adding on more projects who knows if that will happen. I'll play with the prequels concept, and put The Otherside, Lilith, and The Seven Deadly on the back burners, but I wish I had more hours in the day, didn't require sleep, food, bathing, etc. ugh how time flows away. Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment