Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween Party Planner or Ultimate Procrastinator?

I hate excuses just like anybody, but this month has taken a huge toll on my writing. In the entire month I have only written one Chapter and started on a new one. It's Bad. It's horrible, but I have my reasons. This month is Halloween, and with this month comes all the responsibilities that fall on me before our annual Costume Party. Sadly the honey is working thirteen hour days so I'm on my own. Not only am I balancing the decorations, the boys schedules, and helping with my grandmother, I'm also "supposed" to be finishing my novel.

Am I just procrastinating?

It's possible. I don't want to think that's what I'm doing but I might. Next month will be easier I keep telling myself. But next month is Ethan's birthday, and then Thanksgiving. Then December, the month I wanted to have it finished, will be here, and so is Christmas. Am I crazy for trying to hit this deadline this time of year?? I'm starting to think I am. Seriously <-----------nut job.

Aside from my lack of working I love everything about October. I read Carrie this month, and I fell in love with it all over again. I've been watching scary movies, and eating out with family, and just being a bum. A thousand words every other day is crap though, and eventually I'm going to have to crack down on my procrastinating. If I were working for a publisher, and not just myself, a deadline is a deadline. So keeping that in mind, I'm pushing out the date for the book to sometime in the beginning of 2012. Hopefully I'll get it done before then, but life, as we know it catches up with us sometimes. I'm going to go crawl in the corner and cry now, lick my wounds, and hopefully regain my dignity.

I still haven't heard back from  my uncle or my cousin, one was sent my prologue while the other took off with my hard copy of half my book. (inner whimper) I did however get some feedback from an outside source, a writer-friend of sorts that I met on Goodreads. His feedback was very helpful, he was even able to point out some problem area's in a very gracious way. It has helped me immensely but I'm still being a bad little procrastinator. Bad Me, bad me, bad me.

Alright I'll stop my whining, I can only blame myself, and not a stupid Halloween party. So bad Ashley is going to unplug for a bit, an hopefully get this G*d Damn Book done already. I'm actually looking forward to it. I think it's killing me. How and the hell am I ever going to write ten more of these? Deep breath, I love my life, I love to write, I'm not throwing it into the BBQ, I'm not going to lite the match, I'm not going to do a dance on top of the flames and cry like a baby, no I'm going to hold my head high, grow up, and get to fucking work!!!!

There, that's better, now seriously....work......shit..........I...........AM............SO...............SCREWED.

No comments:

Post a Comment