Sunday, November 27, 2011

Update on first reader's collective criticism.

Geez, who says I can't make a whopper of a blog post title.

Now back to the good, that bad, and the ever so ugly. I finally got back all the critiques of my first half of The Wild Hunt. So far, the only really bad thing I've heard is a question about the language.

LMAO

This just in, yes I am a potty mouth, and I have a big fucking problem!

Now I don't know the steps, and to be honest, unless I'm writing about an addict in the near future, I may never know them. But I do know that admitting you have a problem is somewhere in there. The only problem with my problem is my potty mouth although bad at times, like occasions where swearing is frowned upon IE family functions, church, school meetings etc, is sometimes necessary when writing. . Also I should note that I have learned to control myself in these limited settings, I do not cuss in church God Dammit, :0), at least not loud enough for anyone other than God to hear, and we have an understanding relationship me and him, he understands and excepts me and my bad mouth completely thank you, no judging allowed!) LOL

Back to the point, I had an earlier post where I questioned my bad bad wordiness, and after I wrote I though, okay, well I'm over-reacting (which is normal) so I won't have to edit out all the baddies after all (which I did, the bad ones anyways, say goodbye to f*ck and hello to screw, flip, freak, the dirty deed, bumping uglies, frack, fudge, frumple stilkskins, etc.) I could go on but I won't lucky for you it's just the clean versions!

But mostly I've heard about the language. So bad actually that the whole family thinks I'm a potty mouth now! LOL I actually thought this was funny because you'd think after cussing my brains out for the last 18 years (I imagine I first started at the ripe round age of ten) my whole entire family would already know this. Welp Ashley the jokes on you, they didn't. Which again is fucking funny. I mean, I'm sarcastic, I'm a pessimistic (at times), obnoxious (always!), sailor mouthed, teasing, bear poking, naming calling, bitch with a couple fucking B, and I am so glad everyone else finally knows it! Who knew the big topic at Thanksgiving would be my choice of words, that, is just AWESOME.

At least the topic wasn't hey that Ashley, she's a nut job, and a shitty writer, nope, my handle was, my God that girl likes to cuss!!

It doesn't get any better than that. The book is liked, the storyline sound, and hey that makes me happy. So what if I need to clean up the language at least it's freaking read-able, understand-able, interesting. That's all this girl wants in the world, someone to read her work, and like it. The like it part isn't as important as the reading, but I can't be a writer without hoping that someone out there will end up loving what they read. Because I put my heart into this story, and I hope you see it on the pages, see it in the words, and feel it somewhere inside your own heart.

To potty mouths everywhere!!! Keep on cussing baby, don't let those stiff colorless verbal bastards get you down!

(Also on a side note, my family is neither stiff nor colorless verbal bastards, I love them dearly, and am thankful that I got feedback of such a kind, and wonderful nature. It's good to know the storyline is working, even if it is a little cussy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment