Friday, September 16, 2011

Sharing my Work

That all important day has come! I've sent my work to be read by an outsider..........DUHN duhn DUHN.

Okay so maybe I'm being a little over dramatic, it's possible, I mean I am extremely over-protective of my work. The honey has been reading it through, chapter by chapter , but he's not an outsider. Well and neither is my Uncle really, but he's been published, he's a professor who is well educated. So I'm nervous. Of course he's assured me he'll be gentle, and I believe him, he's a pretty good guy my Uncle. But I'm still anxious and my stomach is in knots and I hate this. I want to publish my work, but how do I get over my fear. I know not everyone will like it, heck I'll be lucky if anyone does, but wow does sharing it make me feel crazy.

I guess as a writer one of the less known necessities is developing a thick skin. So I have to keep plugging away, writing and editing, and re-editing some more, and hope that the passion I feel about my story, the need to share it with the world will come across onto the paper eloquently. And I'll share it with a few more people, then a few more, and so on, and hopefully toughen up in the process.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm happy for you! I'm also nervous too. Not only for you but for me too, and I don't know why. Weird? Lol

    It's a big step to pass it on to someone to read it, and you took THAT step. It's a process... one step, then another, then another....

    It is really, really great. Your Uncle sounds like he could have some constructive advice and opinions; his experience should payoff for you.

    Just remember that editing is essential to the development of anything, especially writing.

    “to write is human, to edit is divine”
    ― Stephen King, On Writing

    ReplyDelete