Thursday, August 5, 2021

You come to me in Dreams

When all is dark and quiet, you come to me in dreams,


You pull me close and call my name as my body draws you in,


We climb that high off mountain, our bodies play the game,


We come apart and come together again, and again, and again, 


I wish I didn’t miss you, I don’t even know who you are, 


The years have flown and we’ve both grown further and further apart, 


It’s strange how things can be so different, 


Loves have come and gone, but deep inside the recesses of my mind you live for me in the dark,


I don’t want to miss you, my heart has clearly moved on,


But still I find myself resigned against the dreams you occupy until dawn.


What is it about you that still has a hold of me,


The slip and slide, the groans and cries, the whimpers of passion and glee,


My husband still fulfills me takes and gives as I need,


But somehow when the lights go out it’s you I find between my knees when the world and I are fast asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment