Monday, August 16, 2021

And suddenly..

 I’ve been writing again!! Suddenly my boys are both big enough and now it’s like I have my life back. The first few books I wrote at night. I perilously typed away at the wee hours while they slept. It was the only time I had back then. So I pulled all nighters and existed on a very small amount of sleep. 

Sometimes I wonder if all that late night writing messed up my sleep patterns for good. I still struggle with insomnia, but they don’t need me as much anymore they’re both teenagers. And now just like that simple snapping of fingers I have time. 

It’s weird how quiet my house is now. The screaming and fights have calmed down. They don’t come running to me for everything under the sun and while I’m sad, a bigger part of me is grateful. Moms give so much of themselves to their kids that having a little piece back feels utterly amazing. 

I’ve already written out a plot and have a few chapters typed out and even more written down in a notebook. I’m putting a big chunk of my single mom life into this story. It’s a romance and it’s something that’s brewed inside me for a long time. They say we work out old hurts with our writing. 

I feel an old wound closing as we speak. The good and the bad finally on the paper. There’s this strange sense of relief. Like I’m exhaling that breath I’ve been holding for the first time. Also I should note all of my best single stories of the past were beyond crazy. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that I lived through some of the crap I did. 

So I’ll go back to writing and hopefully finish all those stories I promised myself that I’d write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment