Monday, September 10, 2012

Cloud Nine......

It's amazing how the realization that I've actually finished my book, that I actually did it, takes forever to sink in. Sometimes I don't feel done at all, probably because I have so much more left to tell, so many more stories about The Wild Hunt. But regardless of that, there are moments where I sit back and see my words, see my story as a whole and I'm awed. I'm floating on this high numbing cloud.

It's like nothing I've ever felt before. The closest thing I have to describe it is giving birth. That moment when your baby takes his first breath, and you hear that first beautiful earth shattering cry. Nothing will ever be as beautiful as my kids, but this is a very close second.

Creation is indescribable.

The page was blank, and then there were words.

The words formed sentences, thoughts, and scenes.

The words described a place or feeling.

And together the pages were filled and it became something from nothing.

A story no one has ever read before.


Here is a peak at the cover for the ARC's I ordered. I can't believe in only a weeks time I'll have my book in my hands......

And there it is again, that feeling of being high (not that I'd know or anything........wink wink).












No comments:

Post a Comment