Saturday, August 27, 2011

In Her Skin......(shiver)

Last night, me and the honey watched the Australian film In Her Skin. I was very surprised by the film, and since I didn't read the book, the film wasn't ruined for me by comparison. Since it was a true story about the murder of a young talented and beautiful girl I couldn't help but be pulled into the inner turmoil her family experienced. It was well done, very raw and thought provoking.





The song above Caroline by John Butler Trio played at the beginning and ending of the movie. The string section is just incredible, listen, enjoy.


What really got to me, was that the murderer, a very mentally disturbed and obsessive young woman, was able to make you feel disgust as well as sympathy for her actions. It's not often that a killer can make you feel two very different things. If you haven't seen it, I'm not sure if you should, it leaves you feeling a very deep sadness, but I can't help but recommend it for the art, the characters portrayals, and how deeply it makes you think and feel. So I may not watch it again, but it was definitely an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment