Monday, March 5, 2012

.........over the edge






Well I really have no terribly annoying excuses this time around. Life. In one word it catches up with you. Lately I've been helping my mom remodel her house. Which has been extremely fun for me. So I've taken a break from all forms of writing including the blog. I'm not sure how often I'll be around while this re-model is going on. Its work, to say the least. But I will say this.........I love power tools. Seriously. Have you ever used a nail gun? If not then you have no idea the awesome power it is to use such a thing. LOL.

So far we have sanded, re-painted, distressed, and sealed one built in cabinet, a hallway cabinet, half the kitchen cabinets, and one bathroom. We have also put up beadboard (wainscotting) in the master bedroom and a chair-rail. In the newly re-done bathroom we put up beadboard, and new baseboards, door trim and chair rail. Every ceiling has been painted, including all of the rooms, the ugly brown bricked fireplace, and numerous other small projects. IE wallpaper border, mirror frame, painted doors, hinges etc.

The list is long, and all done during ten hour days in the last two months. Yesterday the new counter tops were put in. I'm going to upload some pictures when I can, there is just something so satisfying about doing work with your hands. I grew up watching my father and grandfather working on cars, houses, etc. The hardware store was at least a weekly visit. I have fond memories of that hardware store..........

The point is I've been busy. And as soon as I'm done with this project (moms house) I'll be back, with more energy because of this little vacation from writing. So grab your power tools and join the fun. I'm sure you can find some small project at home to attack. You'll have a blast between all the cuts, cussing, and missing tools! I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment