Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Every year on January 1st (or the 3rd in this case) I find myself reflecting back on the last year, and hating that I now have to remember to write a new stinking year on checks, documents, etc. I always forget in the beginning, it usually lasts for  few months, I'll keep writing 2011 instead of 2012. It's scary how quickly a year can go by. Just yesterday it felt like my youngest boy Ethan was born. He's now three, in the midst of terrible toddler-hood, and I'm starting to miss the baby days.

I never really feel any older either, birthday's come and go, and I still feel the same. I still make mistakes, and say things I shouldn't, maybe older, a little wiser, but still the same person, still the same inside. I wonder if my eighty year old grandma feels that way. The outside changes, the world keeps moving but inside, we're always the same. The same person that loves old rock, and reading, the same person that cusses to much, and let's her mouth get her in trouble. No matter how long I live I hope I keep that part of me, the kindred spirit, the stubborn soul, the child.




No comments:

Post a Comment